Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sheet Music for Drums

Up until now, I have always played drum beats by memory and learned them by copying what my drums teacher demonstrated to me. Many drummers prefer to do this as opposed to learning how to read Sheet Music and play according to what it says. My teacher recommended that I learn to read Sheet Music as well because it would help me in the long run. I decided to take this opportunity to undertake a new challenge and started to learn how to read it in the previous lesson. I learnt a lot in that short time span. I feel that I have definitely developed a new skill because I am able to read and play the notes well according to my teacher. Since drummers to not have to exactly play notes, but rather a specific pattern, I think I should be able to learn how to fluently read Sheet Music very soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment