Thursday, March 13, 2014

Badminton: on the team!

On the 10th of Monday, our coaches Mr Pradeep and Mr De Silva announced who is in the final Badminton team for SAISA. Of the 25 students, only 8 boys and 6 girls are chosen to be on the team. So it is a difficult task to get on the team and I'm proud to say that I have been chosen to be on the final 8 SAISA team. This is a big accomplishment for me because I have never been to Badminton classes before SAISA this year. Since the beginning of SAISA Badminton, I feel that I had shown great deals of perseverance and commitment to the sport, and it's this that allowed me to be chosen for the team. I've developed new skills and improved my existing ones such as in service, lob (hitting the shuttle to the far back), drop (hitting the shuttle close to the net) and the smash (hitting it hard vertically down). Since we have to play both singles and doubles matches, we are required to work collaboratively with others in order to advance in the game. I feel I have done this well in our practice sessions and will continue to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment