Sunday, January 12, 2014

Reflection on Grade 12 semester 1 and reviewing of the Goals (part 2)

Action

My first goal for Action is to compare the improvement of my tennis skills over the course of two years.

Compare and reflect on the my skills at tennis by the end of this year with the skills I had when I started out the diploma programme. 

When I first started out the Diploma Programme at OSC, I was not new to tennis. I have mentioned this before as well. I had stopped for a while to focus on exams so I had some warming up to do in order to get back my momentum of the sport. I feel that I have been able to both do this, as well as significantly improve my skills over the past two years. This is mainly due to me showing more perseverance and commitment to tennis since the beginning of IBDP.

My second goal is about taking part in tennis competitions.

Take part in more competitions this year which include contenders with high amounts of skill. The previous year I completed my goal of taking part in a competition organized outside class where my doubles partner (Hemeka) and I made it to the quarter-finals. This year, I hope to take part in that same tournament-which is an annual event. I hope to reflect on my experience as well as evaluate my skills in Tennis and in all the competitions.

I have been able to partially achieve this goal. I did take part in another competition however it was not the same SSC open tennis tournament I played last time. This was a tennis tournament for everyone in my class, along with the more experiences adult students who go for coaching from my teacher as well. The adults proved to be my biggest challenge, but Hemeka and I were able to win quite a few games by the end of the tournament. I was able to work collaboratively with my partner during this tournament and to make an effective team.  

My final goal is about winning in a tennis competition(s).

Obtain a place in the podium by the end of a tournament and then by the end of the year, reflect on my overall experience that I had in Tennis during the course of two years and show the transition from how I stood last year and how I will stand by the end of this year.

This was a goal I made to last to the end of the two years of CAS. However, in that last tournament I played which included everyone in my tennis class, Hemeka and I were able to work collaboratively in order to obtain a third place position by the end of the tournament. This was a points based tournament as opposed to the SSC open knock-out based tournament. I'm proud that I was able to do this and I feel I have increased awareness of my strengths and areas for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment