Monday, December 17, 2012

WWW: Week Without Walls goals

We are going to the east coast on mid January for a weeks stay where we will be riding bikes and helping out a unprivileged school situated around that area. The Goals I would like to achieve during this trip are:

  • Undertake new challenges and give my best in each of them, such as establishing good communication with the children; this should be particularly hard because I am not very good at talking to children below my age group and also because most of the kids there speak Tamil while I can only speak English and Sinhala fluently. 
  • Plan and initiate academic activities to do with the children while we are at that school. Plan these activities in a way they are both fun and would also help them later on during their lives. After the plans, undertake these activities with complete focus and dedication so that it would be as productive as possible. 
  • Work collaboratively with my group to help make a difference to the kids at the school, provide them with what they need to make their lives better i.e education and equipment.  
  • Since I ride my bike everyday, I usually only ride for 1-2 hours. However during the trip, I would try to ride for much longer thereby not really undertaking a new challenge but rather develop the skills I already have. A new challenge however, would be riding my bike at an unfamiliar area and possibly, at a different terrain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment